log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
One error most testers working with Log 4j face, is the “Log 4j: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger” error
This error looks like this most times.
If you have correctly installed your Log4j.properties file with the right Appenders, Loggers and Layouts, one solution to solve this error will be to add your Log4j.properties file to the Classpath of the Test class you are running in Eclipse.
Steps to solve this:
- Click on the class which gave you the error.
- Click on “Run” on the top menu and click on “Run configurations” from the dropdown.
- Click on “Classpath”.
- Click on User “Entries”.
- Click on the “Advanced” button.
- A pop up appears select “Add Folders” and click the “OK” button.
- Locate and Select the folder which holds your log4j.properties file.
- Click on “Apply” then click “Run”.
This should solve your problem.